Friday 29 May 2015

Albert Einstein was on the money when he realised time is an illusion.


As I look around me, it all looks real and very familiar. Since my 'birth' the reality of this illusion has been supported by all those around me, those also stuck in the quagmire of the mirage, Maya. Yet I know it's not 'real' that it is only a dance of energies, subtle and persistent.

Where has yesterday gone and where is tomorrow at this point in time? Does the past still exist somewhere besides in my memory and is the future already in existence, waiting for its 'time' to appear? Just thinking this way seems to immediately unlock my mind and I believe true freedom comes from a mind that is no longer bound by old customs, systems and beliefs.

Scientists say they know exactly what time it is but they don't know what time is. I have a belief that time is cyclic and that it repeats identically every so often. I believe this because I trust in the source that revealed this amazing and incredible fact and I find it a great model to assist in the unleashing of my mind. Albert was obviously a great inquirer into time as can be seen by his quote. I find that just contemplating time expands the mind and gives a glimpse of our minds potential.

So here I am sat in The Auchenflower Cafe, sipping the dregs of my stone cold soy flat white and reminding myself that everything I see, feel, hear and taste is illusionary and there is another real beside this one. That the future is just hiding, waiting for it's chance to appear on stage, then to 'disappear' into the past. Cyclic time says that this scene will be back again, with me in it, sipping coffee and writing this blog. Therefore everything is preordained and there is nothing for me to be concerned or worried about that.

I like this belief. It frees my mind and allows me the space to contemplate the invisible and the unseen, another kind of real. That's the benefit in this belief. It gives me the ability to be calm, cool and collected and think about what is really important. Is it all just an illusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment