Friday 23 July 2021

In the golden age the living beings have happiness as well as peace.


The Wonderful Journeys of Alvr

Light filled my eyes and with the light came a warmth and a golden glow. I moved my hand before my eyes and the skin was lit from within and trailed minute stars in its wake. Or so it seemed. I turned my body over, rolling across mosses infused with the tiniest flowers of all colours and the most exquisite smells. The dragonfly, above my head, buzzed and watched me with interest and friendly gestures. I felt the breeze from its wings upon my cheeks as it landed on the tip of my nose and gazed into my eyes, one at a time. I moved carefully and stretched and it still remained. I think I have a new friend.

I could hear water, like a song. It was near to me, I smelt its fragrance. It felt my presence and played tunes, it seemed, just for me. Every note was mine and touched my heart. I felt I was within a dome made from a continuous string of diamonds and pearls and each one sparkled and shone in time with the music of the water. Moon and Jupiter were fully exposed and alight in the sky this night and ablaze with an opulence that made me gently breathe in. I gazed fondly at Moon and travelled to its luscious golden surface and sat awhile, looking back at Earth, my beautiful home. To and fro, here and there, with a single thought, within a second.

My friend, the dragonfly, had been joined by his companions and they weaved a dance above my head, their wings sending a collection of colours that settled upon the nearby trees and shrubs and leave me clothed in a tranquil palette of rose-gold and bluebell-silver. Each moment was a feast of delight, a scene of continuous pleasure and wonder.

Something brushed my toes and I sat up, resting upon an elbow. At my feet was a family of the tiniest, furriest animals I had so far seen in this life. No surprises here as I was a traveller and each day brought something new and exciting for me to tell all my friends and family when I return from this current sojourn. This land, where I had landed three days ago, had surprised me more than most even though I was used to being surprised. Such a variety of sweet-smelling, eye delighting plants and animals


 

No comments:

Post a Comment