Sunday 10 May 2015

"To become truly free you have to become free of the fear of death."


Death clutches us from the day we are born. But is it all in the mind? This is a world of unexpected death. Few 'die' peacefully and happily, with excitement in their eyes,  a smile on their face and joy in their heart. Why? Because death is shrouded in mystery and therefore, dying is often ungracious and filled with pain. But what dies when the heart stops beating and can we learn to view death from a different perspective so as it is not the trauma it so often is?

Why not adopt a belief that views death differently, not as a finale of everything we have known but as the beginning of something new. A new adventure, a new life, new experiences.

How can I adopt a belief and be so convinced by it that it affects me in the present, long before my expected 'death' and which transforms my life immediately? Is it possible to just 'adopt' a belief?

To become Perfect King or Queen, filled with all virtues, I have to die alive. Dying alive means to die from the consciousness of 'I' and 'mine' and become a trustee. As soon as I do this, within a second, I am free from death itself. I have become immortal. How does this happen?

I and mine, also known as 'the ego', are subtle traps which chain me to matter and result in suffering because matter is perishable. When I am without false ego I am naturally virtuous. Being a trustee of everything, including my body, allows me to fly. The reality is, nothing is mine anyway. It's a reality right? Ashes to ashes, dust to dust etc. "You can't take it with you when you go." So why try? Why not live your life in the consciousness of a trustee or a guest in this world, arriving with nothing, going with nothing and see the effect that has on your life. Why not adopt this belief for a day or two and see what difference it makes to your life? Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment