Saturday 10 January 2015

How I unzipped the fabric of time and dived through.

It was an usual time. I had organised a retreat in Australia where we did some experimental meditation exercises. Following this, for the next two weeks, I seemed to be able to do amazing things with my mind.

Whilst seated in meditation, I was, simultaneously, able to experience myself on the other side of the room, as if real. So in the spirit of adventure, I created the thought to unzip the fabric of time and see what was there. I pulled down the zip and poked my head through. I observed a world of beauty and splendour far below. There were people, there was nature. Looking to the left and to the right I could see the 'back of the fabric' and was intrigued. I thought, "Why not?" and dived through the opening and flew over this wonderous world as if descending slowly in free fall. I looked around me. Up, down, to the left and to the right. The experience was 'as if real'. (Reminder. All the time I was sat on the other side of the room, meditating. The room was the same as usual). I was free to explore, which I did. It was amazing and delightful. This was 'another kind of real' and opened up my mind to new things.  This is hard to describe. Words aren't enough but I thought I'd try.

I was able to do this and other similar things, like project myself into a picture on the wall, for a period of two weeks or so. Then it stopped. I'll do it again one day, when I'm ready. I know the method. It's teachable. It's one of our faculties, rarely used.

No comments:

Post a Comment