Friday 5 June 2015

The Dreamers of the new world, create reality with their minds.



I met someone from the school of perfect kings and queens today, as I walked to my local, wrapped up in scarf and pretend sheepskin jacket warding off the extreme eleven degrees of a Brisbane winter morning. She had an odd glow about her and walked slightly above the ground. It was a strange look. I was startled initially but summoned courage to approach her and ask if she was okay. Her 'light' went out and the vibration of the moment changed as she focussed on me. "Where were you?" I asked.

"I was within the world of my mind." She spoke about living in that subtle mind state. "It's like there's a new world just over the horizon and I am wanting to live in that world, always. "That's escapism!" I said, not really knowing if it was or not. And what if it was? Is there anything wrong in escaping the apparent realities of the moment? We do it all the time with books, TV, sport sex, going to the local, writing blogs etc. 'We're all escapists from something', I recalled someone once saying. I was intrigued to hear more from this lady who escapes to a place 'just over the horizon'.

"It's like I can unzip time and enter into a place where whatever I think appears and is experienced 'as if real'. Day to day activity is just to earn money and keep my body alive", she said, without any trace of resentment, obviously quoting some sage from somewhere, "but when I'm free of doing that, now that I have discipline, I can create any world I want and experience it."

"What's this other world like?" I asked. "It's not exactly an other world," she replied, "rather it's another place, no less real, and I create beauty and wonder there. I've discovered that within me, somewhere, in recesses, canyons, rooms, there are wafty, hard to grasp, even harder to speak of, places, yes I can only describe them as places, where magical stuff seems to exist. It excites me just talking about it and I'm developing the courage to go there and stay there and explore in spite of being told it's a waste time and just imagination and my own fear. So what if it is imagination? What's that to do with anyone else?" She took a large breath! "It's very difficult for me to be able to put what I am going through into words," she said softly, "but I'm getting better at it, so I'm glad you asked. Gives me a chance to practise."

"As I get confidence, the braver I get, the less anxious, I go and stay there more often and explore. I used to think that I'd go so far into my mind I wouldn't be able to find my way out. That was scary. I've taken a lifetime to get this far," she said, "and I never would have imagined that it would be so beautiful, so breathtaking within. I've decided to spend more time there now. I'm working on convincing myself that my doing so benefits the world. This world is created by how we all think. I'm adding some extra colours and sounds to it. Thank you," I said.


No comments:

Post a Comment